What is Cumberland Wild?
• A two-day two-stage music festival in the heart of Cumberland Village on August 17 & 18th. Cumberland Wild brings the gritty hometown feels. Precision production, world-class talent, in a legendary village.
• We are incredibly excited to host our festival in the Legendary Village of Cumberland in a spectacular 12 hectare park located Dunsmuir Avenue at Sixth Street. Cumberland is part of the Comox Valley, on the eastern flank of central Vancouver Island. It’s located approximately 1 hour north of Nanaimo, 3 hours north of Victoria and just 2.5 hours from Vancouver’s Horseshoe Bay via Nanaimo. Visit the Village website for information on our community and its services
GETTING HERE BY AIR
The Comox Valley is served by the Comox Airport (YQQ), which is served by daily direct flights from Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. Both WestJet and Air Canada fly to YQQ.
GETTING HERE BY SEA
From Vancouver or elsewhere on the Mainland, take BC Ferries to Nanaimo from either Horseshoe Bay (north of Vancouver) or Tsawwassen (south of Vancouver). From Nanaimo, Cumberland is approximately one hour’s drive north up Highway 19 (the Inland Island Highway).
BAR SERVICE & H2O
• You will be able to enjoy full bar service at Cumberland Wild. Our license will let you enjoy a selection of local craft beer and spirits throughout the festival. Outside alcohol and other banned items are not permitted in the park and will be confiscated by our security team.
• We will have water refilling stations onsite through the festival. Please bring your refillable water containers to keep Hydrated.
• NO OPEN FLAME – PERIOD. We are right next to a forest! No Fireworks, fire sticks or fire batons, fire poi, fire staffs or fire breathing!
• NO Glass (this includes beer and liquor bottles)
• No open consumption of alcohol on campground paths – campsite only
• No Pets of any sort.
• No drums between 10 pm and 10 am
• No unauthorized distribution of printed materials
• No unauthorized commercial vending
• No illicit drugs
• No generators
• Please show respect. Do not bring any items that are culturally inappropriate. General Rule: If the item or look in question is traditionally used by a community or culture other than your own to express religious beliefs, political statements, or respected status within that culture, leave it alone.
GATE LOCATIONS & HOURS
Early check in for Volunteers is available on Friday Evening. Talk with your Crew Coordinator for details.
Public Gate hours are Saturday & Sunday at 930AM til 11pm each day.
Gate locations are both on 6th Ave this year, no gate will be available on Dunsmuir, except for camping entry.
Your health, safety, and security are paramount to us. Our participation in good health and safety practices is of paramount importance: however, we all have a responsibility and a role in helping to ensure both our personal and collective safety. Cumberland Wild does not promote or condone the use of illegal drugs,¬ excessive alcohol use, or underage drinking. The Festival works with law enforcement officers to patrol the Festival and the camp zone throughout the weekend.
Harm reduction is an important piece of our philosophy. You will find fully certified attendants at the first aid tent, as well as a sanctuary with trained harm reduction advocates and resources. If you or a friend need assistance, visit them. The women’s chill zone will be available to all as well.
Cumberland Wild reserves the right to refuse entry to the camp zone and/or the Festival Site to patrons and/or volunteers who demonstrate aggression or intoxication. Removal of persons from the Site or camp zone will be done lawfully, in conjunction with Festival Security Policy and/or with assistance from the RCMP.
In the event of a life-threatening emergency, call 911
Local Non-Emergency Numbers